Visiting Tampa, Florida, should be at the top of your must-do list if you’re organizing a trip to the Sunshine State. It is conveniently located adjacent to a number of the most popular cities in Florida, including Miami, Key West, and Orlando. The city of Tampa itself is a world-class attraction with miles of beautiful beaches, major amusement parks, and exceptional restaurants. Make the most of your time in Tampa by following the itinerary below:
Where To Go in Tampa
Tampa’s Local Park: You should expect to see plenty of palm palms and sandy beaches if you’ve ever seen a Tampa travel brochure. Palm trees are a part of the Florida landscape, but there is so much more to see up north and in Tampa. Pines, oaks, and other trees that change color in the autumn (such as bald cypress, red maple, and crepe myrtle) are all a part of “natural” Florida’s flora. Alligators, of course, but also a wide variety of birds, turtles, and other interesting natural animals.
Some of the most beautiful parks in the Tampa area are filled with examples of “ancient Florida” flora and wildlife.
- Hillsborough River State Park — Florida’s first state park, Hillsborough River State Park, is located just north of Tampa’s University of South Florida campus. Its main attraction is a scenic waterway with mild rapids and many opportunities to see local species from the perspective of rental kayaks and canoes. Fort Foster may be seen at Hillsborough River State Park, which is located on the east side of U.S. Route 301. Historians will appreciate this faithful recreation of a fort from the Second Seminole War.
- Al Lopez Park — Al Lopez Park is one block north of Raymond James Stadium, where the Tampa Bay Buccaneers professional football team plays. It is sometimes called “Central Park of Tampa.” You can park for free and fish, have a picnic, or walk along a 1.2-mile asphalt trail.
Tampa’s churches, temples, synagogues, and mosques: No matter your spiritual or religious beliefs, you can’t dispute the awe-inspiring architecture of certain places of worship.
While in Tampa, these are just a handful of the attractions that you shouldn’t miss:
- Sacred Heart Catholic Church — was constructed in 1905 and features architectural splendor that will make you feel as though you’ve stepped into any of the Old World Europe cathedrals. This church is widely regarded as being among the most beautiful churches on the East Coast of the United States that are located south of Washington, D.C.
- The Wat Mongkolrata Temple — is a well-kept secret that is highly regarded in the East Tampa community. Religious services are provided at Wat Mongkolrata Temple, which is also known as the Tampa Thai Temple. On Sunday mornings, the temple also hosts a highly famous open-air market where visitors may purchase Thai teas, traditional meals, and mouthwatering sweets. Produce, plants, and handmade goods are also available from many vendors.
- The Hyde Park United Methodist Church — is widely regarded as one of the most stunning examples of Gothic architecture among the Protestant places of worship located in the Tampa metropolitan region. Every Sunday, it welcomes hundreds upon thousands of worshipers.
Tampa’s Popular Attractions: There is a vast variety of intriguing, one-of-a-kind, and entertaining attractions to be found in the Tampa Bay area. Here are a few:
- Tampa Museum Art: The Tampa Museum of Art is not only an amazing museum with a remarkable collection of historical works, but visitors may also take pleasure in viewing a substantial amount of works created in more recent times. This is a fantastic way to kill a couple of hours while you’re in the city because not only are antiques from ancient Greece and Rome on display, but also photos, new media, and a wide variety of other kinds of artistic expression. It is worth noting that there are a number of other amazing museums in the nearby area, such as the Florida Museum of Photographic Arts, the Glazer Children’s Museum, and the Tampa Police Museum. If going to museums is something that interests you, then this is the location in Tampa that you should be at.
- The Florida Aquarium: Following your visit to the museums, continue on to the aquarium. That would be the Florida Aquarium, to be more specific. You may witness more than 20,000 different species of animals and plants from all around the world by taking a short walk east of the entrance. Even if you are not traveling with children, the sheer number of different lifeforms that are cared for here is very astounding. This is a great location to visit if you are in the area with children because it features interactive displays, a water adventure, and a pirate ship. You can get The Florida Aquarium Tickets HERE
- Adventure Island: Guests of all ages can enjoy the ultimate combination of high-speed thrills and tropical, tranquil surroundings at Adventure Island, which is located directly across the street from Busch Gardens Tampa. Adventure Island spans an area of 30 acres and offers fun in the sun while being drenched in water. Its newest family thrill slide will take riders to heights they’ve never been before and make them feel like they’re floating in mid-air without any weight.
Where To Dine in Tampa
Tampa has as many restaurants as any major city in the United States. Because of the abundance of cuisines from across the globe, you have the option of feasting on fresh seafood from Florida or on more refined cuisine from practically every place in the world.
- Budget Friendly – Eddie and Sam’s NY Pizza. Eddie and Sam’s New York Pizza is your best chance for grabbing a bite to eat that is both speedy and economical while you’re out and about on the River Walk in downtown Tampa enjoying your time there.
- Mid-Range – Ybor City’s historic Columbia Restaurant. The Columbia Restaurant serves up Cuban cuisine that is on par with that which can be found in Cuba itself, or even in Miami.
- High-End – Bern’s Steakhouse. If you are interested to start your dinner with some freshly prepared shrimp and oysters, or if you want to try some caviar, Bern’s Steakhouse is the place to be. In a luxurious ambiance that won’t fail to wow you, Bern’s Steakhouse serves you authentic Florida seafood and steaks of the highest quality.
Where To Stay in Tampa
The city’s museums, aquarium, and a large number of the city’s eateries may all be found in Downtown Tampa. When you stay here, you have convenient access to everything you could possibly want to see or do in the city, making it simple to immerse yourself in the vibrant atmosphere of the city. Here are a few hotels to check out:
- Aloft Tampa Downtown
- Hyatt Place Tampa Downtown
- The Barrymore Hotel Tampa Riverwalk
- Courtyard By Marriott Tampa Downtown
- Embassy Suites Tampa-Downtown Convention Center
Tampa’s Business Center
Tampa has recently undergone a major renovation that is starting to become appealing to visitors for a variety of reasons, such as recruitment, business relocation, and others.
An article in the August 2021 issue of Forbes says that Tampa has become one of the top tech cities. Job openings at both startups and established businesses are on the rise as a result of new shared workspaces, incubators, and networking events where techies and entrepreneurs can interact with each other and investors.
Wealth Managers in Tampa
If you live or work in the Tampa area and are looking for a financial planner, get in touch with Markowski Investments today!
Markowski Investments – located at 2422 W. Sunset Dr, Tampa, FL 33629, is a client-focused wealth management company with a core mission to serve the needs of families and individual investors.